SCREEN-L Archives

October 2005, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:52:57 -0500
The Journal of e-Media Studies announces that we are accepting
submissions for publication.

The deadline for our inaugural issue is November 15, 2005. Special topic
sections of the journal, to include more than one related essay, may be
proposed. We intend our inaugural issue to premiere in Spring, 2006.

We are committed to the rapid turnaround of subsequent journal
submissions in as practical a means as possible.

Manuscripts can be e-mailed to the editors at [log in to unmask],
or a CD/DVD version may be mailed to:

Journal of e-Media Studies
Dept. of Film and Television Studies
6194 Wilson Hall
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755
USA

JOE-MS is a blind peer-reviewed, on-line journal dedicated to the
scholarly study of the history and theory of electronic media,
especially Television and New Media.  It is an inter-disciplinary
journal, and we welcome submissions across the fields and methodologies
that study media and media history.

Our goal is to promote the academic study of electronic media,
especially in light of the rise of digital media and the changes in
formal and expressive capacities resulting from new configurations of
electronic media forms.  We solicit the best new scholarly work on
current and historical e-media issues and topics, including work on
inter-medial relations to traditionally non-electronic media (such as
cinema, theater, and print media).

We welcome essays in traditional textual formats.  We strongly encourage
submissions that utilize and develop the features that an on-line
journal can afford, in order to realize new analytical and pedagogical
practices and strategies.

Please see our website [http://journals.dartmouth.edu/joems/] for more
details about our Submissions Guidelines, list of Editorial Board
members, and Mission Statement.

http://www.ScreenSite.org