SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 3

From:
Mikel Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 19:15:50 CDT
Perhaps you can help me with some research I'm doing.

I am looking at (pseudo/quasi/semi) anthology films that deal with women
telling their stories, i.e. THE JOY LUCK CLUB and HOW TO MAKE AN AMERICAN
QUILT.  There is also the Canadian film THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (US
title: STRANGERS IN GOOD COMPANY, or something like that).  Can anyone
think of any other titles?  I am especially looking for, as a point of
comparison, any films about men telling stories (hopefully with some sort
of visual recreation)?

Mikel Koven
Department of Folklore
Memorial University of Newfoundland