SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
Amy Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 14:09:46 EDT
There are SOOOO many lawyers in films -- just thinking about it
is starting to make me woozy. But for the nonce, just thought I'd
bring up the old favorite courtroom dramas like "Anatomy of a Murder"
(can Jimmy Stewart EVER play anybody mean or jaded?) and Hitchcock's
"Spellbound" and "The Palladine Case." Seems some of the older "law"
in films from Hollywood would have to be considered under military
and popular law (ie, The Sheriff and The Marshall). Remember the
Roy Bean character in the Gary Cooper flick where both men are in
love with Lily Langtry (I'm blanking on the title)? Now THAT'S
some kinda law!

Later, kids --

Amy

Amy Nelson