SCREEN-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
Michael Sime <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:02:18 -0500
>This summer, I'm hoping to teach a "Communications Technology" seminar for
>Master's students.  The approach will be primarily social and historical.
>However, I'd like to include some readings which substantially but clearly
>explain, in reasonable detail, the general technological ins and outs of
>the following:
>
>1/2" video recording and playback

You gotta get "Fast Forward", a funny and intreguing lok at the advent of
videotape technology...the soap opera surrounding the battle between
Matsushitia, Sony, & JVC, & the early history of the work done by Ampex,
where it came from, & where it went.

"Fast Forward" by James Lardner.  1987 WW Norton, Publisher. ISBN
0-393-02389-3

BTW...if you find a source for them, please let me know...I lost my
copy...

Mike

Michael Sime         <[log in to unmask]>
Video Schmideo!      <[log in to unmask]>
    <http://www.videoschmideo.com>
It's not the time it takes to take the takes,
it's the time it takes BETWEEN the takes,
that takes the time to take the takes.