SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Timothy Garrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 1994 10:56:11 -0400
I have had success using the computer interactive text FILM/TV ANALYSIS:
THE MEANING OF THE MOVING IMAGE in my introductory film classes. I wrote
this tutorial; it is published by Academic Software 1-800-666-3652.
Basically this text presents basic concepts in film and TV, gives
examples for these concepts and then quizzes students on what they have
read. It has allowed me to spend more time in class actually analyzing
film and TV and less time teaching basic concepts.

Tim Garrand
New England College