SCREEN-L Archives

July 2005, Week 2

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:17:25 -0400
I've had a question on an online board about the 1.17:1 aspect ratio.  My intro text shows _The Public Enemy_ as an example.  IMDb lists only 11 titles in this format, and 8 of these are video games.  Surely the format was used for many films not listed for it.  Surely more films were made in this format than _The Public Enemy_, _Submarine_, and _The Song of the Nations_.

I haven't seen _The Public Enemy_ since I saw it as an undergrad on standard frame laserdisc.  Is the DVD the correct aspect ratio?

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu

http://www.ScreenSite.org