SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 2

Sender:
From:
"D. Allen Simpson, Made In Alaska" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 1995 10:38:45 CDT
        Well, I tried to do a quick search through the Lexis/Nexis
database, and came up with this info regarding the Michael Moore Movie
"Canadian Bacon" with John Candy.  MGM/Propaganda Films shelved the
finished film when the company got cold feet due to the film's leftist
political nature and due to the death of John Candy.  But Moore
regained control of the film, and the latest info I read said he
was planning to enter the film as a U.S. entry at this month's Cannes
Film Festival.  I don't have the Cannes schedule, so I can't verify
this.
        doug Simpson