SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Gary Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:23:53 EST
My opinion:  If the student has taken a good women's studies course or just
read Mulvey carefully enough to pick up her line of reasoning, this opening
paragraph can easily be the student's work.  The sentences aren't constructed
well, and the feminist idea in the paragraph is rather common parlance among
many reasonably informed students.  I'd be skeptical, but it's not that good
to be plagiarized either.  Or maybe it's badly delivered plagiarism.   Gary
Harmon, University of North Florida