SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

From:
Brian Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 15:22:34 EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong James (in reference to the "Happy Ending") but while on
 the boat back home with her piano, didn't she purposely put her foot in the
rope as an act of suicide.  I thought she wanted to end it.  I realize she then
 realized that she wanted to live after all, but only after she was back home
with her new husband (forgive me for forgetting the names, but I saw the film
when it first came out and I'm terrible with names).  Didn't she refer to
 some great peace while she was underwater?  I think her happy ending would
have been death.  I could be wrong, though.  I'll have to rent it to check.