SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 2

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:20:57 -0500
Steve Bartek's photo is on the Boingo album, though some of the ancillary
memebers dropped.  Boingo was Elfman, Bartek, Hernandez, Fitgerald, and
Avila (who, it seems to me, joined the band later on), and there was alo
the accordion guy.  Bartek also conducted the orchestra on this album.

Scott

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Ed Owens wrote:

> Robspiere wrote:
>
> > In addition to Danny Elfman's largely successful career as the lead singer
 and
> > composer for the band originally titled The Magical Knights of Oingo Boingo
> > (later shortened to Oingo Boingo, and then briefly before they broke up,
> > Boingo)
>
> For those who are interested:Actually, the band was renamed Boingo after
 several
> of the original members left the band to pursue solo interests, most notably
> sax-man Steve Bartek.  Elfman and the remaining band members agreed to change
>  the
> name out of respect for the departed.
>
> Ed
>
> ----
> Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> University of Alabama.

University of Alabama.