SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Sender:
From:
"Harriet E. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 22:46:55 +1200
>don't hold me to the fine details here, but the film
>THE NAVIGATOR, which i believe is from the late '80s and
>new zealand, turns entirely on the task of building a tunnel
>through the earth and time, from the middle ages to the present,
>in order to save the protagonist community from the
>bubonic plague

Vincent Ward's THE NAVIGATOR: A MEDIEVAL ODYSSEY is dated 1988.  My
colleague Russell Campbell, who is a stickler for attribution, would
probably argue that it is a New Zealand/Australia coproduction.  I have had
the dept's video copy on a shelf by my desk for weeks, but I'm sorry to say
that I haven't yet watched it.

Harriet

Dr Harriet Margolis
Department of Theatre & Film
Victoria University of Wellington
P.O.Box 600 Wellington, New Zealand.
Telephone 64-4 4715359,  Facsimile 64-4 4955090