SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

From:
Dennis Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 16:18:23 -0500
To Donna Cunningham,
        So how do you explain Ada's anger in the beginning.  Is she angry
at her ex, her father and for his arranging the marriage?  Is she angry at
Stewart?  I guess we don't know this and maybe we aren't supposed to know
this, but it is still an undercurrent.  Is not Baines's and Ada's relationship
a mutual liberation?  You say her passion rages in her playing.  Agreed.
Why does she need Baines?  Why does she eventually want him?  Why does she
taunt and tease Stewart later?  What is her thinking?  What is her problem?

Dennis Ross