SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Marti Mangan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 12:58:56 -0700
My impression was that the showers at the death camps were not connected
to water at all; they were for the exclusive use of gassing people.  (I
wish I could quote a source, but oh well...)  The inclusion of that shower
scene for dramatic purposes undercuts the fact of the death camps, in my
opinion. I assume there were "real" showers in the labor camps, but in
this film, which was not about the labor camps, they only cloud the issue.

Marti *** [log in to unmask]  ***  Film Studies Program