SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
ken fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 20:42:46 -0400
> but a video screen still does not come
>close to a good print on a good movie screen.

True enough...*if* you can find a good print and a good screen.
And a carbon-arc projector that throws enough light, and someone
to run it. And a good sound system. And an audience willing to
shut up and chew with their mouths closed. And management willing
to police the premises and toss out the hoodlums and yahoos.

If you can find these things, you're luckier than most. I get better
picture and sound at home on my Sony XBR. And a much nicer environment.

kjf-