SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1992 10:25:38 CST
Hey ho, SCREEN-L-itarians,

For those of you new to SCREEN-L or "out of the loop" (as our fine
president), let me introduce myself:

My non-e-mail name is Jeremy Butler and I'm the coordinator of SCREEN-L
(the list's "owner" in computer-speak).  If you have problems with
SCREEN-L please feel free to contact me at the address below.

As you go off for the holidays, remember to either sign off of your
discussion lists or set them to NOMAIL.  Otherwise you'll be faced with
an e-mail explosion when you return.  And we wouldn't want that.

To signoff or set yourself to NOMAIL, send a message to LISTSERV@UA1VM or
[log in to unmask] (Internet).  Please note that this message does
not go to SCREEN-L, but to LISTSERV.  To sign off, put the following in
the first line of the message:

SIGNOFF SCREEN-L

To temporarily stop the delivery of mail, put this in the first line:

SET SCREEN-L NOMAIL

And when you return and want to start up again, use:

SET SCREEN-L MAIL

There should be nothing else in your message besides a single command.
If you have any problems, just let me know.  I will be out of town, but
through the miracle of Telnet, I will be checking my mailbox.

To all of you on an academic schedule:

Have a swinging holiday break!

----------
          Shall I part my hair behind?  Do I dare to eat
              a peach?
          I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk
              upon the beach.
          I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
          I do not think that they will sing to me.
                                      --T. S. Eliot

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |