SCREEN-L Archives

November 2007, Week 3

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:34:28 -0600
A good starting place might HOLLYWOOD WRITERS WARS by Nancy Lynn and Sheila Schwartz (Knopf, 1983), which deals with the founding of the Screen Writers Guild.  You might also check various accounts of the Blacklist era, including Victor Navasky's NAMING NAMES, THE INQUISITION IN HOLLYWOOD (U of Illinois, 2003), and biographies of former SAG President Ronald Reagan.  A side note might be books on Walt Disney for how he dealt with the 1941 cartoonists strike.

Don Larsson

"When something is empty, fill it.  When something is full, empty it.  When you have an itch, scratch it."   --Dieter Dengler

Donald F. Larsson, Professor
English Department, Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mail: 230 Armstrong Hall, Minnesota State University
        Mankato, MN  56001