SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Sender:
From:
Jordan Adam Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 17:39:28 -0500
        From:  Jordan Stein
        Can anybody reccomend anything for me to red on Bresson?  Is
Bresson considered to part of any cinematc trend, or was his style
extremely unique at that time.  I kmow that I was extreme in saying that
he's not part of the French cannon(it's hard to be articulate when you have
only two seconds to type a message, and it's very jarring for me to read
what I write in people's replys), but is are there any directors, or
stylistic tendencys today, which can be linked to Bresson.