SCREEN-L Archives

August 2010, Week 4

From:
Mark Nornes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:06:57 -0400
I would like to invite any and all (!) to apply to the following job. It is both open field and open rank—we are mainly looking to bring an excellent scholar to Ann Arbor from somewhere in the world.

Markus

_________________________________
A. M. Nornes
Chair
Department of Screen Arts and Cultures
University of Michigan
6330 North Quad, 105 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1608
Phone: 734-763-1314
FAX: 734-936-1846

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Open Field/Open Rank

Institution:
University of Michigan

Location:

Ann Arbor

Department or Program:

Screen Arts & Cultures

Deadline for Applications:

09-15-2010

Job Description:

Job Summary
The Department of Screen Arts & Cultures has been given the opportunity to search for a tenure-track faculty position. The Department is seeking for an open rank, open field position. Areas of particular interest are classical Hollywood and non-Western cinema and television.

The Department, which has enjoyed sustained growth and achievement, integrates critical studies and production within a larger university community that encourages interdisciplinary dialogue and engagement. In Fall 2006, we admitted the first student cohort in a new doctoral degree program; in Fall 2010, we will move into a new building with state-of-the-art studios, classrooms, offices, and support facilities, including a large departmental film/video/screenplay library. Additional information about the Department of Screen Arts & Cultures can be found at its web site, http://www.umich.edu/sac.
For this open rank position, we invite applications and expressions of interest from senior colleagues with a distinguished record, as well as junior scholars and graduating doctoral students with the promise of a distinguished future. This position will begin September 1, 2011. Applications are welcome from scholars in all humanities-based research areas of moving image media. Review of applications will begin on September 1, 2010, and continue until the position is filled.

How to apply
Please send a substantive letter of application that addresses scholarly and administrative experience, a statement of current and future research plans, a statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence, curriculum vitae, and three letters of references to: Search Committee, Department of Screen Arts & Cultures, University of Michigan, 6330 North Quad, 105 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285.Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. The University is supportive of the needs of dual career couples.
Required Qualifications
Ph.D. required prior to employment.

U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

Contact:

Marga Schuhwerk-Hampel