SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 16:38:33 CST

Speaking of Peter Greenaway, I'm curious if anyone knows of any studies
that have been done of film directors with backgrounds in engineering and
drafting.  Eisenstein, Lang, and Hitchcock, as well as Greenaway, come to
mind.  It strikes me that all these directors have in common a fascination
with formal experimentation and play and a certain "heartlessness" that
tends to put their characters under severe scrutiny.

Am I overreaching here?

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN