SCREEN-L Archives

June 2011, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Darcey West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:42:02 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme is Technology and the Horrible (June 6-10).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday June 6, 2011 – Keira Hambrick (University of Nevada, Reno) presents: The End is Horrible: Technology and the Apocalypse

Tuesday June 7 , 2011 – Hugh Manon (Clark University) presents: 800 Pound Gorillas

Wednesday June 8, 2011 – Luis Sierra (The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia) presents: Electric Dreams

Thursday June 9, 2011 – Alana Kakoyiannis (Independent scholar) presents: Don’t Make Me, Future.

Friday June 10, 2011 – David Church (Indiana University) presents: Murder on Demand: The Horrors of Video Rental

Theme week organized by Rebecca Jackson (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and see our latest calls for curators, please join our Facebook group:
http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=46530613457

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
The In Media Res Team