SCREEN-L Archives

December 1993

Sender:
From:
Bernard Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1993 18:55:50 -0400
Alekan is one of the finest cinematographers aorund.  He's in his 80's by
now, I'm sure, and worked as recently as 1988 when he shot the German-
French (and Dutch?) production: Wings of Desire.  He worked with Jean
Cocteau years and years ago on Beauty and the Beast.  Alekan's book was
published in 1984 by Sycomore in Paris, and titled: Des lumiers et des
ombres.  I do not know if it was ever published in an English translation.
The book does indeed deal with lighting for cinematography and consists
mainly of illustrations.

Bernard Katz, U of Guelph Library, Guelph, Ontario,
Canada [log in to unmask]