SCREEN-L Archives

October 2019, Week 2

From:
Kristina Jespersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 16:22:26 +0000
Name: Kristina Jespersen

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – Disability Media

This week on In Media Res: Disability Media (10/7-10/12)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, October 7, 2019 – Laura Purcell (Virginia Tech) presents: Just Find a Way Around It

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 – Cheryl Green (Multi-Media Independent Artist) presents: TBI Awareness Memes: Hyper-individualism, overcoming adversity, and the neoliberal capitalist project

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 – Rebecca Feasey (Bath Spa University) presents: Just Another Celebrity Confessional? Famous Faces, Recognisable Voices, and Mental Health in the Media

Friday, October 11, 2019 – Ted Gournelos (Old Dominion University) presents: Fetishizing Cognitive Difference in The Big Bang Theory and Atypical

Saturday, October 12, 2019 – Sky LaRell Anderson (Occidental College) presents: “I Do Things That People with Hands Can’t Even Do”: Streaming Disability and Video Games

Theme week coordinated by Lyndsey Shelton (Georgia State University)

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html