SCREEN-L Archives

April 2021, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 19:34:47 +0000
From:
Anthony Chase Dannar <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Name: Anthony Dannar
Category: Announcements and Queries
Subject Line: In Media Res – “Lyric Videos”

This week on In Media Res: (April 26-30)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr<http://mediacommons.org/imr/>

Monday, April 26, 2021 –Laura McLaren (University of Toronto)  presents: “Music to My Eyes: Visual Representation of Musical Genre in Lyric Video.”

Tuesday, April 27, 2021- Virginia Kuhn (University of Southern California) presents: “Hamilton Anyone? Lyrical Kinetic Typography.”

Wednesday, April 28, 2021- Martin P. Rossouw (University of the Free State) presents: “The Lyric Video as Moving Concrete Poetry, Or: The Pleasures of Eye-Tennis with Tay-Tay”

Thursday, April 29, 2021- Elsie M. Walker (Salisbury University) presents: “A Never-ending New World: Rehearing Selma from Dancer in the Dark.”

Friday, April 30, 2021- Carol Vernallis (Stanford University)

Theme week organized by Martin P.  Rossouw (University of the Free State)

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel<https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel>

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team

Anthony Dannar

Graduate Teaching Associate/Ph.D. Student

Georgia State University