SCREEN-L Archives

May 2022, Week 5

Sender:
From:
"Harrow, Kenneth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2022 19:54:25 +0000
dear all,
i am trying to post this notice of my forthcoming book publication, Space and Time in African Cinema and Cine-scapes.

the study represents a first attempt to bring the physics of space and time to bear on cinema studies, and especially african cinema.
the flyer offers a 20% discount on pre-publication orders--it is with routledge.

it is my hope that by emphasizing the physics of relativity, quantum mechanics, and cosmology, we will be able to rethink how to approach the questions of time/temporalities and space/framing, in ways that have been fundamental to modern physics. (some of the scientists whose work is cited include rovelli, barad, muller, hawking, carroll, greene, susskind, smolin--and a fair amount from deleuze).
i also hope to demonstrate the unique qualities of african cinema, often at the margins of mainstream global cinemas, that admit of such new analyses

https://www.routledge.com/Space-and-Time-in-African-Cinema-and-Cine-scapes/Harrow/p/book/9781032264707

kenneth harrow

professor emeritus

dept of english