SCREEN-L Archives

September 2022, Week 1

From:
Jennifer Moorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:23:07 -0400
Hi all,

Please find below the details for an Assistant or Associate Professor of
Global Film and Television Studies
<https://cms.blog.fordham.edu/job-advertisement-global-film-and-television-studies/>
position advertised by the department of Communication and Media Studies at
Fordham:

The Department of Communication and Media Studies at Fordham University,
The Jesuit University of New York, invites applications for a tenure-track
Assistant or Associate Professor position with a specialization in Global
Film and/or Television Studies, to commence September 1, 2023. The position
is based at Fordham’s Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx, with the potential
opportunity to contribute to our Manhattan campus in Lincoln Center as
well. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute pedagogically
to the department’s undergraduate major in Film and Television, with
potential to also contribute to the department’s majors in Communication
and Culture, Digital Technology and Emerging Media, and/or Journalism. The
candidate would also have an opportunity to teach in our M.A. program in
Public Media, the interdisciplinary program in New Media and Digital
Design, and other programs across the university.

About the Position:

We seek a candidate whose research focuses on global film and/or television
texts, theories, histories, and/or industries. We are particularly
interested in research and teaching that focuses on the Global South, is
transnational in scope, and/or engages globalization. An ideal candidate
might work in areas including but not limited to Asian, African, Latin
American, indigenous, or diasporic cultures of film or TV production or
reception; film or television texts or authors; Third or Fourth Cinema; the
politics of transnational film or television production, marketing, and
distribution; or postcolonial theories of film or TV. Candidates can employ
any number of methodological and theoretical approaches. Scholars focused
on historically marginalized and underserved communities or whose work
focuses on social movements or activist media are especially encouraged to
apply. The candidate should have a robust research agenda, evidence of
teaching excellence, and the ability to contribute to Fordham’s Jesuit core
curriculum.

Requirements:

   - Ph.D. in cinema studies, television studies, media studies, or a
   related area with degree conferred by August 30, 2023
   - Ability to teach a wide variety of historical and theoretical courses
   in film and/or television studies, and to develop courses with a global
   scope
   - Evidence of active and promising research and publication agenda
   - Evidence of excellence in teaching
   - Commitment to mentoring and advising students

*About the Department*

Fordham’s Department of Communication and Media Studies advocates the model
of the publicly-engaged scholar and critically-informed practitioner who is
civically and socially reflective and critical through analytical and/or
applied means. Our faculty includes scholars and practitioners from a range
of theoretical and methodological perspectives.

We seek to attract and promote a diverse workforce to maintain the
excellence of the University, and to offer students richly varied
disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.  We believe
that cultural and intellectual diversity is central to the excellence of
our academic program and we strive to create an academic community and
campus culture that attracts and facilitates the development of promising
teacher-scholars from varied backgrounds.  We are especially interested in
candidates with substantive experience and commitment to teaching and
mentoring students with a range of social, cultural, and economic
experiences, and who have successfully incorporated the research of women
and scholars of color into their courses.

Fordham is located in the heart of New York City, interacting on many
levels with a diverse array of communities and institutions.  Through
research, teaching and service, we are committed to developing and
deepening our connections to the people and organizations around us.

Interested applicants should submit via Interfolio
http://apply.interfolio.com/111352 (1) a cover letter with qualifications,
including approach to teaching and scholarship; (2) curriculum vitae; (3)
1-2 writing samples (30 pp maximum); and (4) the names and contact
information for three references.

Deadline: The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM October 2, 2022.  For
specific questions, please contact Michelle O’Dwyer: [log in to unmask]

*Fordham is an independent, Catholic University in the Jesuit tradition
that welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and women, people of color, and people with
disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. Same-sex spouses are
eligible for benefits.*
--
Jennifer Moorman, PhD
Assistant Professor

*Fordham College at Rose Hill is situated on Wappinger and Munsee Lenape
land. To learn more about whose land you occupy and what you can do to
support decolonization efforts, consult the Native Land Map
<https://native-land.ca/> and the resources provided by the Manna-hatta
Fund <https://mannahattafund.org/>. *

----
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu