SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Bjorn Sorenssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1993 18:11:54 +0200
Harry Breitrose refers to a posting by Cal Pryluck on mixed genre,
reenactment and Jennings. I cant see that posting having arrived in
my Screen-L e-mail. If I have missed it or accidentally deleted it,
I would like a re-posting.
        The point is that documentary always has been "mixed", but that
our attitudes to "objective social truths" have changed. In this respect
the post-modern documentaries are reflecting its times as much as the
"responsible" fact manipulation of the British documentarists was reflecting
the enlightenment ideas of the radical interlligensia of the 30s.
Bjorn Sorenssen, Unversity of Trondheim, Norway