SCREEN-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:44:35 -0500
From:
Jason Grant McKahan <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Dear All,

My thoughts on Dr. Monti's thoughts on Dr. Horak's thoughts about Dr.
Bentley's (who? I thought it was Dr. Frank's) request. Pooh.  Who exactly
bestowed upon the few an elitist judiciary, however much I loathe resorting
to the "elitist" quip? I imagine there are plenty of matters concerning
which all of us have not the simplest clue. I don't see in any way how Dr.
Frank's request "undermines  Screen-L's credibility."  Perhaps, it
undermines Bentley University's credibility, but that's only if one did not
understand Dr. Frank's initial request (I did not, but at least I know his
name and affiliation - I simply looked).  His query concerned electronic
sources, not library hard copies.  I trust that when one has a question
that discourse can be constructive and nurturing - not unfair and rashly
judgmental.  Applaud that instead. Applaud Dr. Frank's initiative in
wanting to learn about electronic resources!

This is a forum for scholars and students alike.  For those unaware of this
fact, please point your browser to Screen-L "founding principle" at
http://www.screensite.org/faq-1-Screen-L.html#4. If I've grossly misread
the "founding principle", I shall invite the moderator to banish my email
from this list.  In the past, very smart and very kind people have
responded to my queries.  NB: Some members were very helpful to Mike.

I hope to steer this subject back on a positive course.  The following link
provides sources for full text repositories available through Bentley
Libraries:

http://ecampus.bentley.edu/dept/li/journalfinder-catalog-searchtools.html

Mike, also check with your reference librarians about Historical New York
Times via Proquest.  I can't tell if you guys have it or not.  Variety.com
has free 14 day trial subscription (including access to older reviews).

Best,
JGM