SCREEN-L Archives

May 1998, Week 5

From:
Peter Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 10:38:37 +1000
As I remember it the series was called The American Film Theatre and
others included GALILEO and (now I'm really dragging the depths of my
memory!) the Osborne play about an aging performer starring either Alan
Bates or Albert Finney.

In Australia they were released as a series but screened theatrically in
the normal way, albeit being marketed as "quality" films because of their
theatrical origins. My memory is that as films most of the ones I saw
were very tedious!

Dr Peter Hughes  Department of Media Studies  La Trobe University
Bundoora VIC 3083
ph: +61 3 9479 3065 (w),  fax: +61 3 9479 3638 (w)
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/www/artmedia/MediaHome.html

Screening the past. An international, refereed electronic journal of
visual media and history:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/www/screeningthepast

Visit the site of Experimenta Media Arts:
http://www.peg.apc.org/~experimenta/

University of Alabama.