SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
J Roberson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 21:30:14 -0600
>Does anybody know the director of *Clerks* (made on 16 by a guy who
>worked in a convenience store and shot after hours)?

Personally, no. But according to Film Threat, his name is Kevin SMith. What
glls me is that he financed it by dropping out of school and using his
tuition checks. Maybe I'm just stupid, but if I could finance like that,
I'd gladly forgo college - but O don't see how I can wangle the system like
that.

"I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather
a new wearer of clothes. If there is not a new [person], how can the new
clothes be made to fit?  If you have any enterprise before you, try it in
your old clothes." - paraphrase of Thoreau.
J Roberson      [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]