SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 2

From:
Fred Fishel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 15:09:48 CDT
>I"m looking for the background music used by Hal Roach in his "Our Gang/
>Little Rascals" comedys from the 30's.  Does anyone know if such an album
>or tape exists and it's title?

A Dutch group called the Beau Hunks released a CD recording of the Roy
Shields music used in the Hal Roach Our Gang/Little Rascals comedies.

The Beau Hunks Play the Original Little Rascals Music: KIC-CD-8702 (CD)
KIC-CS-8702 (cassette)

NPR did a short feature on it for ALL THINGS CONSIDERED last winter. I was
able to find a copy of it at our BORDER'S bookstore. They used period
instruments and recording techniques, the results are impressive.

Fred Fishel                                  Voice: 718-990-0846, 0719, 0771
Assistant Division Manager                     Fax: 718-658-8342
Central Circulation Services              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Queens Borough Public Library     Responsibilities: Materials Loan
89-11 Merrick Boulevard                             Film & Video
Jamaica, New York 11432                             New Books