SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Raymond Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 16:02:00 PST
A professor of Dance, here at UCLA is looking for film clips that show
a gypsy or gypsies dancing.  It does not need to be a very long scene,
even a little movement will indicate the motif, she assures me.
She is trying to show both the history of development and the
stereotypical representation, and the often mistaken concept of
what this dancing should look like.
  I have found all the references to the films listed in the AFI catalogs,
_The Video Source Book_, _Time Out_, and the NewsBank _Review of
Film and Television_.  But I know we're missing some.  Any recollection
of film titles with such a sequence in it will be much appreciated.
  To avoid clogging the discussion list with unwanted messages, you
can reach me at

[log in to unmask]      (address is not case sensitive)

Ray Soto
UCLA Arts Library