SCREEN-L Archives

September 1995, Week 2

From:
Ingvald Bergsagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 18:56:16 +0200
> > One of my students in my vietnam war class is doing a senior thesis
> > on
> > the film apocalypse now and asked if I knew of any critical essays
> > on the
> > film. I told him I would ask the list. So I would appreciate any
> > info on
> > books, articles, etc. that might help a college senior. Thanks in
> > advance.
>
>I'm sure you've heard of it, but try HEART OF DARKNESS, a documentary by
>Coppola's wife, whats-her-name.  Great film to do a thesis on!
>
>Matthew

HEARTS OF DARKNESS that is, with an "S". HEART OF DARKNESS on the other
hand is, as you probably know, Joseph Conrads' novel (1902) about Marlow's
expedition up the Congo-river, back to the beginning of time and into the
evil and irrational center in every man's soul.

Ingvald

Ingvald Bergsagel
Rostedsgate 9
0178 OSLO