SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:42:09 CST

Hello out there I am a screen based designer and film maker who is
currently teaching a group of second years about...

        THE IMPORTANCE OF OPENING CREDIT SEQUENCES,
        TYPOGRAPHY AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS...

At the moment I cover the following.....

Saul Bass from the 1950's to present day
(Carmen Jones, The man with the golden arm, Vertigo,  Psycho,
Goodfellas, Cape Fear,  The age of innocence  etc.,etc)

Maurice Binder from the 1960's
(Charade, Ekel, Thunderball, Live and Let Die)

Randy Balsmeyer and Mimi Everett
(Do the right thing,  Mo' Better Blues,  Jungle Fever, Naked Lunch,
  Dead Ringers,  Pret-A-Porter)

Other films and people I am trying to cover are
Tomi Ungerer in the 1960's
Richard Amsel and Bob Peak in the 1970's
Star Wars - George Lucas
Let's get lost  - Bruce Webber
Delicatessen - ?
High Heels - Almodovar

Can anybody help...... got any info on any interesting opening credits

Thanks for your help in advance

Chris Golya
Centre For New Media Research
University of Portsmouth