SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
"MECHAR,KYLE WILLIAM,MR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 1994 14:17:55 EDT
Indeed, it was nevewr my intention to suggest a good or bad
interpretation of the film. And actually, i was more interested
in generating comments on Forrest Gump, as Philadelphia has
probably been exhausted on this list. My comments are indeed part of
an extended analysis of queer representations in popular culture for my
thesis. If those who addreess me with hostility are truly interested in
alternative r4eadings of the film, I have a vey lengthy chapter on this
that Im sending out for publication. Im still amazed that some people
think it is enough that gays are being represented to the mainstream at
all.