SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 3

From:
Kevin Troy Darling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 17:42:11 -0400
Thought I'd take a moment to de-lurk and ask a question regarding
industrial/training films. Most of my experience is in writing features. I've
never written anything like the industrial. I have an opportunity to write
one now and am soliciting advice on any formatting tweaks that might be
necessary. To be specific, What expectations do these smaller production
companies have regarding screenplays? Do I need to spend more effort to make
this a shooting script or can I stick with my selling script style? I am also
unsure of any pricing standards that are established. Does WGA cover this?
Perhaps there are other ideosyncracies that I'm missing. I'd appreciate any
ideas someone experienced in this format could share with me. I am, of
course, researching the topic through the normal channels, but it is nice to
get a little advice from someone who's been there.

If you wish to reply to me privately, you may contact me at either