SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 14:26:31 -0500
>       So, no matter how you slice it, it always comes up subjective.
>       Ofcourse, we are always trying to get away from that...aren't we?

I think that's the problem. We should not deny our own subjectivity in our
filmmaking. The point is to make your film or video truthfully while NOT masking
   your own viewpoint.  Let the viewer know where you are coming from.
It not only makes the film more truthful, but also shows respect for the viewer.
Jon Nealon