SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Sally Haverly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:28:41 -0700
Am in the same situation as Mr Townsend.  Have been trying to collect a
decent library for film studies, but from reading this web page and
others, I seem to be way out of my element and I believe I need courses
in other disciplines as well.  I have a BS, so am having to pay graduate
fees for a course I am taking in documentaries from U of Wyoming.  Even
then, it is much cheaper than most of the schools.

When I was in college there was no such thing as "film studies."  I am
retired and living in Wyoming.  Would like to move back to California;
however, most schools there seem to concentrate on film making.

Would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed.  Texts which are used in
undergrad/grad film studies; which film journals are helpfu; school
recommendations (including internet or correspondence courses).

Have started a film collection (about 600) from textbook
recommendations.

Sally Haverly

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite