SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 22:32:46 EDT
Looing at the message I just sent about Go FISH, I think my comments
about the jury scene need some clarification (a lot--must have been a
late night post).

Basically, I'm interested in how the jury scene fits in, or doesn't, to
the rest of the film.  Does the jury scene's message permeate the rest of
the film--making "lesbianism" ambiguous throughout the film, or reminding us
that each woman's lesbianism/sexuality is her own--or does that scene's
"message" (and we could debate what that message is exactly) get lost
in the rest of the film?

Ciao,

("looking", that is)