SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
"J. Hoppe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 12:18:27 -0500
Yes, the town of Riverside, Iowa (about 30 min. south of Iowa City in the
Southeast portion of the state) claims to be the future birthplace of
Kirk. Every year for the past several (at least 5 years, I'd say) during
the town's annual summer festival/parade they tow a 14-foot-long model of
the Enterprise down the parade route. It's not a bad model, though since
it's made of fairly thick metal, like that used in propane tanks, it's
not too detailed.

J Hoppe