SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:08:30 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/12/94 10:20 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

>Author:  Shawn Levy <[log in to unmask]>
>It was my understanding that SCREEN-L was a film/TV study list and FILM-L
>(which I, for one, found way too technical to be useful to me) was more
>of a details-and-techniques-of-film-and-tv-production list.

Also, for anyone interested in the techinical aspects of video, there's
VIDPRO-L. The server address is [log in to unmask]    The posting address is
[log in to unmask]  I believe there are plenty of people on VIDPRO who could
talk about AVID and other things that out of my own realm of experience.
I'm not trying to drive anyone away, just suggesting where people can find
what they're really looking for. I hope that many people working in the
film industry will take part in this list. Sometimes questions arise about
films that leave us guessing when someone with the right production
experience would know immediately ("no that's not done with gels, it's
such-and-such film stock").

Curtis

Never Get Out of the Boat       |       [log in to unmask]