SCREEN-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
Heather Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:35:11 +0000
Another example of the tough talking d.i., although not about the
Marines but still American is, 'GLORY' This is a late 80's film starring
Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes, and Morgan Freeman.
Broderick is Robert Shaw who is commanding the 54th mass. during the
American Civil War.  He inlists an Irish sargeant to train his troops.
An excellent film and I think a good example of the D.I your looking
for.

Brett