SCREEN-L Archives

August 2011, Week 3

From:
Adrian Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:02:03 +1000
hi all

this is something that has come out of the Database Narrative Archive
symposium held in May in Montréal at Concordia, organised by Matt Soar and
Monika Kin Gagnon. The work will be published via Scalar, a multimedia
authoring/publishing platform (we do the work in Scalar, not you).

a. the original outline:
http://www.dnasymposium.com/2011/08/15/cfp/

b. blog entry of the actual call for proposals (which is available as a pdf
at above site)
http://vogmae.net.au/vlog/2011/08/call-for-proposals-dna-post-symposium-publication/

c. summary of the questions:

1. What new ethical considerations arise for producers/directors of
nonlinear digital storytelling? (Sheila Schroeder)
2. What new inventions, tools and methods can be used for digital and
database narrative? (Kim Sawchuk)
3. What about the Plot? (David Clark)
4. How do we give shape to a user’s cognitive and emotional engagement with
database narratives? (Will Luers)
5. How do we think about the lifespan of a web-based project? (Dayna McLeod)
6. How might scholars explore interactive and digital technologies as forms
of ‘procedural scholarship’? (Chris Hanson)
7. How do directors, audiences, and texts change as a consequence of
database narrative? (Adrian Miles)

feel free to distribute far and wide

an appropriate closing
Adrian Miles
about.me/vogmae

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org