SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1992 14:03:00 EDT
At the beginning of a rented film the other night, I saw a preview of a film
called "By the Sword."  It was about a fencing champion who quit fencing because
there was "no one left to beat."  Considering that i am a fencer, i was highly
intrigued by the previews (in fact, my friend and i were drooling and we viewed
the previews about 4 times.)  Anyway, the point of this posting is the
following:
Does anyone know where i can get a hold of this film?
Can someone tell me more about this film?
Does anyone know of any other films of the kind?

What i liked about th epreviews was that the film was set in modern times and it
dealt with fencing as a sport and that it did not look like stage fighting....
I would really appreciate any help from anyone....
Thank you.

 * Humanity is not a given,    * (Bitnet:FSQRSYA@IUP)        *
 * it is an achieved state of  * ([log in to unmask])    *
 * being.                      * (AKA:Marianne Aziza Sarkis) *