SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 15:10:48 CST
I am a journalist with the UK-based film and television business
publication Screen Digest, and a neophyte Internaut. Currently, I am
researching the use of the Internet by film and television companies,
and the innovative ways in which the net could by used by programme
providers of the future.

I have seen a few home pages run by the studios, where images can be
downloaded, and/or information about the latest releases supplied. What
I am looking for would be a more creative use of the Internet, perhaps
movie/networked games tie ins, television broadcast with simultaneous
real-time Internet information exchange, or promotional video clips on
the Internet (one for the future?).

Does anyone have any specific examples of the use of the Internet by
film and television companies, and/or comments on what is possible and
what may become possible? Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
If anyone who supplies me with information would like to see a copy of
the published report, please also include your snail-mail address.

Mark Smith
assistant editor
Screen Digest