SCREEN-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
John Hiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 22:09:17 EDT
A new one that you may not have seen is DREAM WINDOW: REFLECTIONS ON THE
JAPANESE GARDEN Directed by John Junkerman. John also made HELLFIRE and
a film about an old man who fishes, alone, for sharks in the North China
Sea. The name is UMINSHU (sp?) which means something like THE OLD MAN
AND THE NORTH CHINA SEA. Dream Window is available on laser disk from
Lumavision and several sources including Facets in Chicago. I'm not sure
if the other two are on disk. If you are interested I could find out,
John is a friend.

 Smithsonian Institution