SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

Sender:
From:
Gene Stavis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 1994 20:48:23 PDT
<<I'm still trying to think of an instance in which the good guy/gal
is powerful.>>

Oh come on now! Ever hear of Shwarzenegger? Stallone? How about Bruce Lee?
How about Edward Arnold in "Diamond Jim" or "Come and Get It". Ever hear of
Redford in "Indecent Proposal"? Or anything with Harrison Ford. What about
Faye Dunaway in practically everything. Or Bette Midler in "The Rose". Ever
see Streisand in "The Way We Were"?
I'd go on, but I have a date for the 4th of July!
Seriously, don't you think 3 is a little soon to offer features? Why not
start out with great shorts, animation, etc. For heaven's sake, adults
nowadays need an explosion every 12 minutes to keep their attention. Give the
kid a break. She'll explore on her own. Don't push and don't let politics
pollute her mind yet.
Gene Stavis, School of Visual Arts - NYC