SCREEN-L Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Henry Breitrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:09:45 -0700
A student is interested in examining the techniques of using still images
in films. Some examples are CITY OF GOLD and THE CIVIL WAR, composed solely
of still images, MAN WITH THE MOVIE CAMERA and BLOW-UP, in which still
images play a major diegetic role. My student and I would appreciate
suggestions of other examples.

-Henry Breitrose
Department of Communication
Stanford University