SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 1994 01:13:08 -0400
*** cc:Mail reported the following errors ***
----------------------------------- Returned
-----------------------------------
From: [log in to unmask] at X400PO
Date: 8/12/1994 1:00:39AM
To: Terrence Hall at ER
To: [log in to unmask] at X400PO
Subject: SCREEN-L Digest - 10 Aug 1994 to 11 Aug 1994
---
Message authorized by:
    : [log in to unmask] at X400PO

Topics of the day:

  1. American Women Directors (Help!)
  2. ICFA 16 CALL FOR PAPERS

Date:    Thu, 11 Aug 1994 09:42:22 -0700
From:    Susan C Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: American Women Directors (Help!)

A new collection, _Multiple Voices In Feminist Film Criticism_, Diane
Carson, Linda Dittmar, and Janice Welsch, eds., might be of help to you in
your search.  I've found this to be a really great reference book,
because in addition to the dozens of essays on films by
and about women, it has a  section of course files which include
bibliographies and  filmographies on several different topics. Some of
the names not yet mentioned which jump out at me in leafing through the book
include:  Lois Weber, Alice Guy-Blache, Shirley Clarke, Julie Dash, and
***  Include file cannot be found  ***
Trinh T. Minh-ha.  I suspect you'd find more if you dug through this
volume a bit.

Susan Courtney, Rhetoric Dept., UC Berkeley