SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
jajasoon tlitteu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 09:17:49 -0600
As I'm on the digest version of the list, I'm sure there have already been
a bunch of suggestions.  I wanted to put a plug in for The Fourth Man, one
of Paul Verhoeven's last dutch films before he came to Hollywood.  Really
interesting psychoanalytic tale of misogyny, paranoia, and at the center of
it all is a woman who may or may not be killing off her lovers.  Kind of
like a really arty and demented Black Widow.  It would also be interesting
in tandem with Basic Instinct - Verhoeven as a murderess auteur.