SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

From:
Henry Breitrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 1994 20:35:17 CST
Don Larsson wriites:

BTW--On another thread, I'm going to be in London for a short time this
week and wondered if the Museum of the Moving Image was worth seeing on
such a short jaunt at the expense of more traditional tourist spots.
Any comments?

My comments:

It certainly is worth seeing. It's the best film museum I''ve ever seen,
and quite elegantly put together. There are some criticisms, i.e. the
actors dressed in period costumes who act as "guides" are not very well
informed, but ignore them and have a look at the splendid array of materias
on view. The television section is skewed toward England, but that's
understandable. MOMI gets three stars and four knives-and-forks in my
tourist guide to London. As a matter of fact, I' m taking some students
there next week.

-Henry  Breitrose
  Stanford University
  Oxford Study Centre (until 12/15/94)

This message is being sent from Oxford, England where we will be until
mid-December. Please use the normal email address,